Eid is almost here and preparations are everywhere from cleaning the house to buying new clothes to making desserts and the list keeps on going. As a child, Eid was so special. It meant many things: Eid prayer, making Kleicha (date cookies), buying new clothes, family gatherings, big feasts, Eideya (money gifts) and playing with my cousins.
Nowadays, Eid is not the same especially when you live far away from your family. We try our best to make Eid spirit the same and If I can choose one thing not to miss for Eid, it has to be making cookies. Baking brings back a lot of memories with my family. It reminds me of the time when I used to stay up late at night to help my mom and grandmother make Eid cookies from shaping the cookies to placing them in the baking sheet and finally cook them. The smell of baked cookies filled the entire house.
This Eid I wanted to do something different and make chocolate chip cookies instead of Kleicha (date cookies). It’s good to switch up the routine and do something different. Also, when you have a toddler running in the house, you want to make the most out of your time and these cookies are perfect for time saving.
Soft, YES… Chewy, YES…Amazing, YES… I promise you one thing and one thing only is that you won’t STOP eating those cookies, Its not my fault Hahaha. Let’s get to it!
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 -2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl
- Cream butter, white sugar, brown sugar and eggs. Add vanilla extract and continue creaming.
- Gradually add dry mixture to the mixing bowl
- Stir in chocolate chips and continue mixing (Avoid over mixing). Place about 1 round tablespoon of cookies onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown
- Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely
Enjoy and Eid Mubarak Everyone,