Healthy, tasty and easy to make, this cauliflower dip is a great way to impress your guests at your next party. It only requires a few ingredients and is a delicious dip to have.
Aside from being a great way to sneak in some veggies into your meal, this dip only requires 5 ingredients. The star of the show is cauliflower along with garlic, olive oil, cayenne and nutmeg. Roasting the cauliflower brings a depth of flavor into this dip and has now become one of my favourite ways of eating this vegetable. Remember, however, it’s important to use fresh cauliflower instead of frozen cauliflower. Frozen cauliflower works well for soups but not dips since you want the right caramelized texture when cauliflower roasts.
This recipe does not require any cooking. The only actual “cooking” involved with this recipe is roasting the cauliflower. Once the cauliflower is roasted, all I had to do was toss it in the food processor and blend. It took roughly a minute to put it all together. This recipe is good as it is, but I have to tell you it has inspired me to try this dip out with cheese (any cheese lovers here?) This is an adaptation from Brooklyn Supper Blog. The only difference I did is I didn’t use pepitas as she suggested since I am a big fan of making the most out of what you have at home.
So if you are looking to sneak in some veggies into any meal, dips are the way to go.
Now tell me, have you had roasted cauliflower before and if so, what ingredients did you incorporate into it?
- 1 cauliflower head cut into small florets
- 1 head garlic, root end trimmed and broken into cloves
- 7 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of half a lemon
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Salt and black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- Toss the cauliflower florets, garlic cloves, 1 tablespoon of olive oil and salt into a medium sized bowl
- Spread cauliflower florets and garlic cloves onto a baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes
- Combine cauliflower florets, garlic, spices, lemon juice and olive oil in a food processor
- Process until everything is well combined and a creamy texture is obtained
- Serve with pita bread, crackers or even tortilla chips